Due to all the stability problems I’ve been having with Wordpress running on my Raspberry Pi, I have decided to ditch Wordpress and move this web site’s platform over to Octopress. All I can say is: I should have done this a long time ago.
If you get this error when running rake (e.g. rake preview):
This will fix it:
sudo apt-get install nodejs
There are a few important links I should list:
- 3rd party plugins
- 3rd Party Octopress Themes
- Migrating Content from WordPress to Octopress/Jekyll
- Markdown: Syntax
- Changing Octopress’s Header
- How to Install a Custom Theme on Octopress
Anyway, I am not done configuring this. It took some time to hand tweak all of my Wordpress posts to markdown format, which is what Octopress is based on. When I’m relatively finished with the migration I’ll make another post.
This is my current list of ToDo items, not necessarily in any order:
- install a categories plugin
- get a banner installed
- change the theme and colors